Thread: New BabyBlackBlood Food/Sick/Shed...worried.

Default New BabyBlackBlood Food/Sick/Shed...worried.

A few weeks ago I purchased my first baby blood. He ate the first two weeks. Went cloudy and skipped the third. He shed but incomplete. All but the rear top half or so off his head. Still hear small pips as he breaths. Didnít eat again this week. Gonna head to vet tomorrow or Tuesday, whichever I can get. Any advice going forward would be appreciated.
    I have stable temps of 80/86 left and right and humidity between 60-70. Cork, coco husk, hide and a water dish in tub. Donít know what else to do.

Default Re: New BabyBlackBlood Food/Sick/Shed...worried.

The vet is the right way to go.

I would also suggest getting him on paper. That way you can keep him cleaner.

How are you measuring temps?

I have the tub at 80 ambient, 50-70% humidity. I have two hides one small that he prefers and one medium on the other side of the tub. The tub is 22x12. I filled it with a piece of cork and sphagnum moss. It has been 5 weeks now. I brained the rat pup tonight after he initially refused. I thought about live but worried about him getting injured if he doesn’t eat and potentially getting mites from a live rodent as well. I don’t know what else to do.

You think paper and keep same set up or move to smaller tub. I ordered a small rack and I got small like 12x4 tubs with it that I could try.

How did things go at the vet? I would try a live rat pup at this point. Snake mites don't come from feeder rodents, and a pup is too small to do any damage to your snake.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Kara@TBC:

CAJ

Hey Kara, he finally ate!!!! I put the f/t rat pup in his tub in front of his hide...left it overnight and it was gone the next morning. Still has the “pip” noise though. He is going back to the vet this week. I read about some home remedies with Vick’s and F10. Not sure what to make of them. The antibiotics didn’t work though. Going to get a culture this time.