Thread: Attitude change in my Red Tail?

Default Attitude change in my Red Tail?

So I have this particular red tail boa I got as a rescue about 6 years ago and it has always been a great snake that I even took to my kids school for show and tell. All of a sudden for the past month it became aggressive and strikes every time I start to get in the cage. Nothing has changed with his enclosure or environment. He eats, sheds, poops, and drinks water completely normal. He is in a large Animal Plastics enclosure so it isn't a space issue. He is a little over 6 feet long. Any ideas?

Default Re: Attitude change in my Red Tail?

i dont really know, sometimes they just change their tude for no reason. hopefully someone with more boa experience then i have will chime in

Maybe message KungPao, she has lots of boas, just an idea, or hit up a boa forum, Im not too familiar with boas

David does the animal strike out before being picked up or while being handled?
    Conscientious Insanity

Quote Originally Posted by PythonGoddess5587 View Post
    i dont really know, sometimes they just change their tude for no reason. hopefully someone with more boa experience then i have will chime in
    Theres always a reason, last time handled it MAY have been hurt in some form or fashion..A polluted cage for an extended time MAY cause such..Again though there is a reason, same would apply to a dog, horse or even myself..The toughest part will be to correct such now that it has occurred..