Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ideas?

Default ideas?

i have a khal strain male columbian red tail snow boa. i've been searching for a girlfriend for him. was wondering if anyone had any opinions on what genes to invest in with a female to get the most out of it. i had been looking at anery het albino but recently got turned on to a tripple or quadruple het so i could produce a lot of different morphs when i breed. what do you all think? the pics below are of my male Zeus. he's about 5' nowClick image for larger version. 

Name:	0322001540b.jpg 
Views:	216 
Size:	89.7 KB 
ID:	2025Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0201001438.jpg 
Views:	215 
Size:	51.4 KB 
ID:	2026Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0222001337.jpg 
Views:	226 
Size:	73.1 KB 
ID:	2027Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0201001234c.jpg 
Views:	225 
Size:	70.7 KB 
ID:	2028

Default Re: ideas?

beautiful snow you have there! Have you considered looking for something patternless or reduced pattern?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BlackBlooded:

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBlooded View Post
    beautiful snow you have there! Have you considered looking for something patternless or reduced pattern?
    i hadnt thought of that, a striped snow would be awsome, a patternless, ehhh, maybe, there wouldnt be any lavender in the snake anymore so it would end up just yellow. could call it a bananna boa lol it's an idea. and if i could find a multiple het striped female that would be even better cuz then i could make multiples lol

Quote Originally Posted by PythonGoddess5587 View Post
    i hadnt thought of that, a striped snow would be awsome, a patternless, ehhh, maybe, there wouldnt be any lavender in the snake anymore so it would end up just yellow. could call it a bananna boa lol it's an idea. and if i could find a multiple het striped female that would be even better cuz then i could make multiples lol
    or maybe a cross with this one...

that snake in and of itself is beautiful. i was looking at it earlier, it came out of a motley litter.

I would suggest a tri-het moonglow, or if you really have the bucks to spend, go with a motley snow, or add the Jungle gene to the above mentioned mixes.

Mark

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Markm0723:

Quote Originally Posted by Markm0723 View Post
    I would suggest a tri-het moonglow, or if you really have the bucks to spend, go with a motley snow, or add the Jungle gene to the above mentioned mixes.

Mark
    i think the girl i was lookin at the guy said was a hypo het albino, motley, and i can't remember what else. but he said that if i got her i could make like 8-10 different snakes in one litter. i sent him an e-mail, im hopin to hear back from him soon

You need to get in touch with Ken from Mainly Boas and breed to one of his patternless boas, they are beautiful and maybe something weird would come out cause I've seen nothing like his boas before, here's a link http://mainelyboas.com/page3.php They are called sterling patternless or something. I was talking to him about these at The Portland Expo, he kept all of them, didn't offer any out. They were a complete fluke, he was not trying to produce these but they are beautiful, as is your snow

Quote Originally Posted by JustinGraves View Post
    You need to get in touch with Ken from Mainly Boas and breed to one of his patternless boas, they are beautiful and maybe something weird would come out cause I've seen nothing like his boas before, here's a link http://mainelyboas.com/page3.php They are called sterling patternless or something. I was talking to him about these at The Portland Expo, he kept all of them, didn't offer any out. They were a complete fluke, he was not trying to produce these but they are beautiful, as is your snow
    he posted those guys on VPI right after they were born, i was drooling then and had plans of drawing a poster of them. never did get around to it, havnt had time, it's still on my list of artwork to produce lol. and DAMNNNNNNN those things are just getting better with age. i want one so bad, i'm jellous you got to see them in person lol

patternless is nice but I think highly over rated. I think your best bet would be any co-dom animal that is tri het (hypo het for albino and anery.) I personally love hytek boas but getting one that's het for anything else would be near impossible, would have to make your own hets.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Z-G-Reptiles:

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast