PDA

View Full Version : Attitude change in my Red Tail?

David H
12-11-2010, 01:36 PM
So I have this particular red tail boa I got as a rescue about 6 years ago and it has always been a great snake that I even took to my kids school for show and tell. All of a sudden for the past month it became aggressive and strikes every time I start to get in the cage. Nothing has changed with his enclosure or environment. He eats, sheds, poops, and drinks water completely normal. He is in a large Animal Plastics enclosure so it isn't a space issue. He is a little over 6 feet long. Any ideas?

BloodyBrilliant5587
12-11-2010, 03:31 PM
i dont really know, sometimes they just change their tude for no reason. hopefully someone with more boa experience then i have will chime in

JustinGraves
12-17-2010, 01:52 AM
Maybe message KungPao, she has lots of boas, just an idea, or hit up a boa forum, Im not too familiar with boas

Snakes Incorporated
06-25-2012, 04:57 PM
David does the animal strike out before being picked up or while being handled?

Tim Mead
06-30-2012, 08:58 AM
i dont really know, sometimes they just change their tude for no reason. hopefully someone with more boa experience then i have will chime in

Theres always a reason, last time handled it MAY have been hurt in some form or fashion..A polluted cage for an extended time MAY cause such..Again though there is a reason, same would apply to a dog, horse or even myself..The toughest part will be to correct such now that it has occurred..