PDA

View Full Version : Sick Kid

blackblood
01-14-2009, 07:09 PM
Yeah so on top of all of the shit going on in my life I really needed this to happen.
My male is going to the vet Tuesday to be treated for an RI.
We had a fire in apartment building last week and we grabbed our snakes and got the hell out. It just happened to be 3am in January in Vermont so it was at the most 10*. I'm just lucky he is the only one who got sick.

2kdime
01-14-2009, 08:37 PM
Get a culture done. But its most likely Pseudomonas.

I had a male that i took in for a little bit that had an RI. Had a reaction to Baytril so went on a loading dose of Amikacin, then IM every 72, and was just fine afterwards.

Best of luck man.

blackblood
01-14-2009, 08:52 PM
I had a wc borneo I had to give shots to before for an RI, not worried about a thing. Just gotta give a few shots every three days.

blackblood
01-30-2009, 07:24 PM
ok, so I finally got my blood to the vet today. I was supposed to get in last tuesday but the vet cancelled on me two times because of weather. I guess I was the only one of us that wanted to drive an hour each way to have my animal looked at. He has the start of an URI so we started injections today. My vet was very impressed at how healthy he is overall and didn't even set me up with a fallow up appointment. I love my vet, definately the best in Vermont and the Upper Valley.